Sunday, April 26, 2009 / 7:35 PM
I was having a pretty downright depressing day today.
And it still is.
Except it doesn't feel so bad anymore.
But it still is.
Kinda.
Okay, I'm being bitter.
_
My meeting with my BFF was cancelled.
I felt so disappointed and down that I wasn't thinking very well.
I felt this childish surge of unhappiness, which I tried hard to tamp down.
It wasn't her fault that it had to be cancelled suddenly.
I know she's been very very busy and stressed lately because of internship and some other things.
So I thought better of it.
I decided to send her a surprise anyways.
But things didn't exactly work out as I imagined.
I imagined sneaking up to her door and depositing the present.
Then I'd ring the doorbell and hide.
Before placing the present,
I imagined I'd take a pic of myself acting goofy outside her door with the present,
to show how crazy happy I am at getting to do this.
Like in those Punk'd shows.
But it was hampered yet again as I forgot to bring the darned present.
(not that it is darned in any way...)
And there I was, stuck near her block, just remembering that I had a present.
That I forgot to bring.
Bloody fool me.
And I had run for the bloody bus like mad too.
I thought I was going to miss it and be late to give the present.
So I went back to my house again to get the present.
Long winding 962.
Finally got on the bus back to her place.
WITH the present, of course.
Made my way to the door stealthily.
Lucky the door was only half-open.
If not...
I placed it carefully on the shoe rack and left.
Messaged a hint, no reply.
Waited until I safely got on a bus,
then called.
The feeling I get from the thrill of setting up the surprise...
...and being able to cheer her up...
...was worth all the trouble.
P.S.> I was really depressed and almost giving up when I realised I had forgotten the present. It was tempting to just ignore it and continue on my way to Causeway Point. But I was determined to get it sent to her today itself.
Do or die.
And it's lucky I did.
And it still is.
Except it doesn't feel so bad anymore.
But it still is.
Kinda.
Okay, I'm being bitter.
_
My meeting with my BFF was cancelled.
I felt so disappointed and down that I wasn't thinking very well.
I felt this childish surge of unhappiness, which I tried hard to tamp down.
It wasn't her fault that it had to be cancelled suddenly.
I know she's been very very busy and stressed lately because of internship and some other things.
So I thought better of it.
I decided to send her a surprise anyways.
But things didn't exactly work out as I imagined.
I imagined sneaking up to her door and depositing the present.
Then I'd ring the doorbell and hide.
Before placing the present,
I imagined I'd take a pic of myself acting goofy outside her door with the present,
to show how crazy happy I am at getting to do this.
Like in those Punk'd shows.
But it was hampered yet again as I forgot to bring the darned present.
(not that it is darned in any way...)
And there I was, stuck near her block, just remembering that I had a present.
That I forgot to bring.
Bloody fool me.
And I had run for the bloody bus like mad too.
I thought I was going to miss it and be late to give the present.
So I went back to my house again to get the present.
Long winding 962.
Finally got on the bus back to her place.
WITH the present, of course.
Made my way to the door stealthily.
Lucky the door was only half-open.
If not...
I placed it carefully on the shoe rack and left.
Messaged a hint, no reply.
Waited until I safely got on a bus,
then called.
The feeling I get from the thrill of setting up the surprise...
...and being able to cheer her up...
...was worth all the trouble.
P.S.> I was really depressed and almost giving up when I realised I had forgotten the present. It was tempting to just ignore it and continue on my way to Causeway Point. But I was determined to get it sent to her today itself.
Do or die.
And it's lucky I did.

