Sunday, February 22, 2009 / 9:33 PM
What I find absolutely ridiculous is the rejection of help.
Wait, no. Already helping people, and the person absolutely being ungrateful. Mad at you, even. Just cause you helped them and made their life a lil' easier.
Ridiculous, right?
Tell me about it.
I just came back from Giant. I helped her by taking a few not that heavy plastic bags from her, and she demanded I give it to her. I said no. Well, I wanted to help carry the heavier stuff. Then she kept pulling at it and insisting I hand it over. I still refused, being the stubborn mule that I was. But why should she be angry?
I just wanted to help. She didn't have to carry anything. I was just thinking that she would have her hands aching, since she always carries heavy stuff anyways and complaining of body ache.
I suspected it was more out of pride than anything.
But the real clincher was that she said...
"Haiyah! Kalau macam gini, next time, tak nak bawak Kakak lah."
If it's like this, I won't bring you next time.
the mama say whut?
I was so dumbfounded and insulted, I just stormed off. Brisk walking as fast as I could with the bags.
Man, this is what you get for helping people.
sheesh.
Wait, no. Already helping people, and the person absolutely being ungrateful. Mad at you, even. Just cause you helped them and made their life a lil' easier.
Ridiculous, right?
Tell me about it.
I just came back from Giant. I helped her by taking a few not that heavy plastic bags from her, and she demanded I give it to her. I said no. Well, I wanted to help carry the heavier stuff. Then she kept pulling at it and insisting I hand it over. I still refused, being the stubborn mule that I was. But why should she be angry?
I just wanted to help. She didn't have to carry anything. I was just thinking that she would have her hands aching, since she always carries heavy stuff anyways and complaining of body ache.
I suspected it was more out of pride than anything.
But the real clincher was that she said...
"Haiyah! Kalau macam gini, next time, tak nak bawak Kakak lah."
If it's like this, I won't bring you next time.
the mama say whut?
I was so dumbfounded and insulted, I just stormed off. Brisk walking as fast as I could with the bags.
Man, this is what you get for helping people.
sheesh.

