Saturday, June 28, 2008 / 11:57 PM
Man, I'm so hypered up right now. My brain is going a thousand miles per minute and I can't seem to stop it. Wanna know why (well, partly)?
Cos' of this:
Cos' of this:

B-Boyz & Ballerina
It's about a ballerina who meets a group of b-boys dancing. One of the b-boys fell for her, and she too, after a few chance encounters. Some rivalry ensues when a hip hop crew led by rich man wants her...*you get my drift*
Man, I've seen this promoted on TV, in newspapers and I thought to myself, cool. This would be an interesting show to watch. And one that would gladly go to. I But I never thought that I could watch it.
But I did!
And it was abso-FREAKING-lutely great. AWESOME. I'm at a total loss for words. It's just so surreal. I'm still thinking about it right now. @_@
Kak Nur messaged me to ask if I was interested in a hip hop play at the Esplanade that she had gotten tix for. In my mind, I was like - "Could it be-..." But then again, I thought why get my hopes up? Maybe it's not that play. But I still had a sneaking suspiscion that it was.
Met Kak Nur at City Hall then proceeded to the Esplanade where we got our tix from her friend. Met Kak Yana there as well.Turns out we were there because of the Singapore Press Holdings Foundation. They gave free tix to the beneficiaries of the charities that they support. Kak Nur's friend works at SPH and is also coincidentally a volunteer at the charities. So we got tix, for which I'm ever grateful.
The show started at 3. I was captivated from the start. It's hard to describe an experience that you yourself can't describe. That means you have to watch it. Haha. *shamelessly promoting the show*
There was a whole mix of modern dance styles like hip hop, krumping, popping, breakdancing etc. And of course, ballet. There were some instances of contemporary dance as well, though not as much.
At the end of the show, they had an encore dance performance cos' we were so supportive. They did some mad move in the show and encore, like jumping off the stage in a frontflip etc. I liked the poppers. They were dressed up like the Black Eyed Peas for some reason. lol.
After the show, there was a small speech and reception for those there because of the SPH Foundation thingy. Free food! cheyyy. But the best part was that the cast were walking around at the reception! AHHHHHHH!!! And I didn't take a picture with them!!!
drats.
I think I was too shy. Anyways, I didn't have a proper cam or anything. There were lots of people. Aww, hell, I'm just making up excuses for my cowardice, aren't I? I'm so gonna regret this one day. Maybe yes, maybe no. But a picture is worth the memories.
After that, we walked around at Marina Square and played a game of bowling. Saw one of my former colleagues from MNG there as well.
Okay, end of story. lol. I spend more time talking about the play rather than anything else.
Here's some pics of the memorabilia from the play.
Pics of lead cast.Other cast on next page.
The play's something like this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOX1nb_WTLo
Some parts are different, like the outfits and the stage background and props, but this is the closest one. The rest on youtube come from 2 years ago when they first toured the play in different countries.
The contemporary dance sequence looks something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9y7rVWOttk&feature=related
Again, I think the routine in the play is based on this one. After all, the Gorilla crew consist of the Able crew and some other peeps.
I didn't get to take pics of the show because of the strict rules: No phototaking in the halls.
So if you wanna experience some of it. Go to youtube, or better yet, book some tix NOW!
ciao.





