Saturday, February 16, 2008 / 2:46 PM
There have been lot of things that has happened this week that I couldn't find the time to blog about. But the most saddest thing that happened was on V-day.
No, it didn't involve professions of love or anything like that. It involved something far more serious and heartbreaking than that. Life and death? You could say so.
But it really is sad to see someone or rather, something, die, in front of your eyes. I was going to school and was at the bus stop when I saw a stray dog that was attempting to cross the road some distance away. At first, before I saw that it was trying to cross, I thought it was going to come near the bus stop and I hope at that time that it did not. But I did feel worried when it wanted to cross. It was scared a little by the cars passing and I prayed that it would wait until the cars had gone away. I was lucky, but only then.
I couldn't see over to the opposite side of the road because of the fence. But somehow, just before the crash, I had a feeling something bad was going to happen. I was afraid that it would get hit at the other side. Then I heard a weird sound. And something like some large thing had banged into metal. I almost knew then that it happened. And it had. Though I could not see over the fence. Part of the fence's bushes had sparse areas and I could make out a brown shape.
Then some Indian guys went over to divert the traffic, the kind souls. I don't know if they called the police or somebody but it sure seemed like a long time. I didn't get to see if the dog was okay as the bus had arrived. Or even if it was alive.
I think it didn't. The lorry that hit it was moving quite fast and just sped off. Heartless animals. They don't even deserve to be called animals. They just "OI!" ed and went off. The hell. I kept trying to get a glimpse of the dog - due to concern as well as curiosity. There was one girl that was standing just at the opposite traffic light at that time, and I supposed she got a good view of the crash. It was right in front of her. When she crossed over to my side of the road and was at the bus stop, I was amazed that she didn't appear to be feeling anything. Anything at all. Maybe, I'm overreacting and she saw that the dog was still alive. But then again, how could you not be affected by a crash like that. The dog was even further away from the point of crash because of that damned speeding lorry. Idiots.
No, it didn't involve professions of love or anything like that. It involved something far more serious and heartbreaking than that. Life and death? You could say so.
But it really is sad to see someone or rather, something, die, in front of your eyes. I was going to school and was at the bus stop when I saw a stray dog that was attempting to cross the road some distance away. At first, before I saw that it was trying to cross, I thought it was going to come near the bus stop and I hope at that time that it did not. But I did feel worried when it wanted to cross. It was scared a little by the cars passing and I prayed that it would wait until the cars had gone away. I was lucky, but only then.
I couldn't see over to the opposite side of the road because of the fence. But somehow, just before the crash, I had a feeling something bad was going to happen. I was afraid that it would get hit at the other side. Then I heard a weird sound. And something like some large thing had banged into metal. I almost knew then that it happened. And it had. Though I could not see over the fence. Part of the fence's bushes had sparse areas and I could make out a brown shape.
Then some Indian guys went over to divert the traffic, the kind souls. I don't know if they called the police or somebody but it sure seemed like a long time. I didn't get to see if the dog was okay as the bus had arrived. Or even if it was alive.
I think it didn't. The lorry that hit it was moving quite fast and just sped off. Heartless animals. They don't even deserve to be called animals. They just "OI!" ed and went off. The hell. I kept trying to get a glimpse of the dog - due to concern as well as curiosity. There was one girl that was standing just at the opposite traffic light at that time, and I supposed she got a good view of the crash. It was right in front of her. When she crossed over to my side of the road and was at the bus stop, I was amazed that she didn't appear to be feeling anything. Anything at all. Maybe, I'm overreacting and she saw that the dog was still alive. But then again, how could you not be affected by a crash like that. The dog was even further away from the point of crash because of that damned speeding lorry. Idiots.

