<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11509609?origin\x3dhttp://eternallyrestless.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
I would run I would fly
if you come into my heart

profile tagboard affiliates archives

Hey. This is where I express my thoughts and feelings. Feel free to leave if you don't like it. :D

this is me)
poupeegirl fashion brand community
Sunday, September 16, 2007 / 12:12 AM
Louis Vuitton. Tiffany's. Ralph Lauren.
What do they all have in common?
I went inside all of these stores today. Met up with Shikin and went to Ngee Ann City. She wanted to look for certain stuff at Tiffany's and LV. Naturally, I protested. I hemmed and hawed, trying to find ways to convince her NOT to go in. But we went anyways. Surprisingly, my misconceived fantasy that I would get snobbish stares and somehow get kicked out was short-lived. Nothing of the sort ever happened. The door-man didn't even blink, sales assistants just smiled. Well, as leaders of the service industry of course they can't be discriminating. But it was intimidating to go in when inside, I felt like the worst sort of fool. I felt lowly and insignificant. (though they were very welcoming.) Well, that's just me. I can't say for Shikin though, cos' she has the confidence of a bulldozer. I on the other hand, have a tiny toy car. I also can't stand knowing that I do not have the moolah or the presence to buy any of these overpriced items. I saw an earring that cost $775 and that was without diamonds or gems of any sort. Too bad, both the items Shikin wanted were not available.
After browsing round ridiculously overpriced items everywhere, we headed to Far East where things were more affordable. Well, affordable compared to just now, that is. We went into Haru where Shikin bought a crown loli bag. We looked around at Athena as well and I saw lots of outfits that were so droolworthy but as usual pricey for me. Unless it's cosplay, I wouldn't fork out a lot on clothes. Then went round, and Shikin bought a dress and stuffs. I still get the feeling that I don't belong at Far East, though it's the trend nowadays to look different and unique. I have always felt inadequate in these kind of situations...sigh.
I tried to act like I was "someone" in those shops. Like I belonged somehow. Like I wasn't the one who couldn't afford these lavish items. Obvious, pretension isn't very good a quality to have. But I felt like a bug under a magnifying glass. I am such a loser. You must have already thought that, anyways, reading this. Like saying, whaddehell, she's a poseur. In short, I was trying to be someone I'm not.
And a "someone"...
I am NOT.



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com