Saturday, July 21, 2007 / 10:32 PM
I saw something today that shocked me to my core. I'm still thinking about it. It freaked me out but it made me think. I actually cried. And now I don't feel very much like eating.
It was the video of a baby born with "harlequin type ichthyosis". Subhanallah. It's a horrible thing to go through. Imagine the pain. The baby's appearance is shocking, but you feel an ultimate sadness at the futileness of the situation and the power that God holds over the universe. There was a story that went with the video. Something about not being grateful to God and appreciating what He gives you. When I saw that baby, I was horrified beyond belief. But I felt sad too. I thought of God. I cried. I researched and saw the condition the baby has, as I typed above. A few other examples came up. The babies were pitiful.
But there was one story that gave me Hope beyond all else. An 18-year-old boy had this condition lived, even became a triathlete. When the mortality rates were almost zero for this condition, he strived to live beyond all odds. Even through the hard life and pain that this condition brings. Allahuakbar.
I'm thinking that it's better for her to go to God early cos' God loves her more. She shouldn't suffer from her parent's mistakes. She hasn't sinned. Well, for me, I deserve any punishment God gives me, for I have sinned alot in my lifetime. I don't deserve to be in Heaven for I have done nothing to be worthy of it. Anyways, it still haunts me. A life lesson that wakes me up to reality. I know, in time, I will forget. But in this life, everyone needs reminders that God is always there and that we should not succumb to earthly sins - Greed, Lust, Envy, Sloth, Pride, Gluttony and Wrath.
Amin.

