Saturday, May 05, 2007 / 10:12 PM
Don't put me on the shelf
I still have some sense of self
Don't you put me in a box
I won't be bound by your restrictions
Give me time to right this sin
I won't be blamed if you won't let me in
This is one of my addictions
You're the one shaking all my convictions
I fall so far and yet so low
The ache inside
I can't let go
Just breathe in
I never even got the chance to know
What it is that makes me on the fringe
Of all the world
Looking in
I try to hide
But it makes me empty inside
To know that you will never care
The pain I carry is too much to bear
If all I do in life is watch the world pass me by
Can you hear my silent pleas
Begging for release
Deep the darkness breaks my heart
Ignorance is not bliss
No matter what it may seem
I wish to be in the crowd
Where I was forever looking in
I still have some sense of self
Don't you put me in a box
I won't be bound by your restrictions
Give me time to right this sin
I won't be blamed if you won't let me in
This is one of my addictions
You're the one shaking all my convictions
I fall so far and yet so low
The ache inside
I can't let go
Just breathe in
I never even got the chance to know
What it is that makes me on the fringe
Of all the world
Looking in
I try to hide
But it makes me empty inside
To know that you will never care
The pain I carry is too much to bear
If all I do in life is watch the world pass me by
Can you hear my silent pleas
Begging for release
Deep the darkness breaks my heart
Ignorance is not bliss
No matter what it may seem
I wish to be in the crowd
Where I was forever looking in

