Saturday, December 23, 2006 / 7:17 PM
Went to Caltex House around 12. Chris gave me $60 to spend on KFC after a unanimous vote on chicken being the preferred chice of food for our "Christmas lunch". Nasriah followed me to Funan to buy food. How I was tempted to buy Taco Bell...I was like a starving man in a buffet line. *salivates*. We settled for a family feast set and added 2 more chicken and 2 Cheesy Fries. Shared a Big Gulp with Nas. She kept pinching and beating me, not to really hurt. You know, sort of the playful slapping of the shoulder. Etc.
When we reached the store, Chris (my store manager) pushed a few stock boxes outside to use as a table. I was unsure of whether they had the time to eat, but they said they would come out one by one. Jowhar ate first, then Nas, Sexy, Ah Ma and Fatimah. We got a few curious stares at the unusual setting. A few kids said to their parents as they were walking by that they wanted KFC. lol. There was a lot still left over, but they didn't want any more. So it all went to Chris. She said we all let her "pa ka liao" the food. lol. Again. But I noticed that Nas was getting quiet and sad, which is unlike herself. Later, I could swear that she had been crying. Her eyes were all red. Well, I tried cheering her up. Didn't help much. She still had that sad look in her eyes.
When we reached the store, Chris (my store manager) pushed a few stock boxes outside to use as a table. I was unsure of whether they had the time to eat, but they said they would come out one by one. Jowhar ate first, then Nas, Sexy, Ah Ma and Fatimah. We got a few curious stares at the unusual setting. A few kids said to their parents as they were walking by that they wanted KFC. lol. There was a lot still left over, but they didn't want any more. So it all went to Chris. She said we all let her "pa ka liao" the food. lol. Again. But I noticed that Nas was getting quiet and sad, which is unlike herself. Later, I could swear that she had been crying. Her eyes were all red. Well, I tried cheering her up. Didn't help much. She still had that sad look in her eyes.

