Sunday, September 24, 2006 / 12:08 AM
Welcome to Singapore Idol! I never expected to see Hady and Jonathan at the last Idol roadshow. We (Farah and me) went to the roadshow for fun and to see him in person. Although I don't think seeing him from the fourth floor counts as "in-person". Well, we tried (given the large crowd). Our eardrums nearly burst from all those screaming fans. Still, it was cool to see them not on TV. OMG, so handsome. I just had to say it.
I have to highlight something I saw there during the autograph session. A guy was queueing for their autograph. Nothing wrong, right? But he was handicapped. Farah pointed out that he was shaking and all. Then I saw that he was behaving different. He was limping and his hands were awkward. My heart wrenched at the sight. He shook their hands and took their autographs. While going down the stage (you had to give them the ticket that you got first, then you get the goodies...), they put the goodies in his plastic bag for him. He was so unsteady he had to hold on to the security guard. Going down the stairs, his legs were so shaking. OMG. Two security guards at the sides of the stage saw him. They assisted him; held his hand and led him down the steps and out the side. Man, my heart just melted. It just touches me. He's handicapped and yet still would go, and I feel ashamed at all the able-bodied screaming fangirls out there. Obviously he had difficulties going there. And they are clamoring to get glimpses of their favourite idols, maybe even waiting since early morning. I just- Well, I find it just speechless-
I have to highlight something I saw there during the autograph session. A guy was queueing for their autograph. Nothing wrong, right? But he was handicapped. Farah pointed out that he was shaking and all. Then I saw that he was behaving different. He was limping and his hands were awkward. My heart wrenched at the sight. He shook their hands and took their autographs. While going down the stage (you had to give them the ticket that you got first, then you get the goodies...), they put the goodies in his plastic bag for him. He was so unsteady he had to hold on to the security guard. Going down the stairs, his legs were so shaking. OMG. Two security guards at the sides of the stage saw him. They assisted him; held his hand and led him down the steps and out the side. Man, my heart just melted. It just touches me. He's handicapped and yet still would go, and I feel ashamed at all the able-bodied screaming fangirls out there. Obviously he had difficulties going there. And they are clamoring to get glimpses of their favourite idols, maybe even waiting since early morning. I just- Well, I find it just speechless-

