Wednesday, September 13, 2006 / 9:10 PM
Ah. The highs and lows of life. The swings that take you higher than ever, soaring, then down to the dark depths. I just read a book by Dia Calhoun called The Phoenix Dance. It's a retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. With a twist. The story is basically about a person trying to handle manic-depressive disorder or bipolar disorder. It's definitely an interesting blend. I find myself thinking about how it would be like and the struggles that she faces. It's like a emotions on Viagra. Excessive and extreme feelings that you can't control. They call it the illness of the Two Kingdoms. The manic state is The Kingdom of Brilliance, bursting with excitable craziness. The Kingdom of Darkness is the depressive state, plunging into a deep despair. Sometimes I feel that way, but not all the time. And certainly less extreme.
You know, basically, I'm writing to practise for my Lit prelim tomorrow. haha. Had Chem 2 today. Not exactly super tough but difficult all the same. I hope to read the other book, White Midnight. I want this pressure to end. The pressure for exams. It's unnerving, I tell you. I want to do what I want, when I want. Not be stifled by this.
You know, basically, I'm writing to practise for my Lit prelim tomorrow. haha. Had Chem 2 today. Not exactly super tough but difficult all the same. I hope to read the other book, White Midnight. I want this pressure to end. The pressure for exams. It's unnerving, I tell you. I want to do what I want, when I want. Not be stifled by this.

