Saturday, July 02, 2005 / 9:17 PM
Yesterday I just had my GCE 'O' level MT oral exam and it sucked...I sucked. Well, no, actually I froze up. Couldn't get more than 5 sentences out of my mouth per question. Then the numbness of it finally started to set in.
Yesterday was also my school's Sports Day as well as St John cum NCC day (see how I put St. John first not NCC...). Had to do duty. As always. Underappreciated. As always. One thing I hate about people is their uncanny ability to want help and then shove you aside when you're no longer of use. Like a pair of disposable gloves.
Today was St. John Carnival. My corp was responsible for selling food, namely burgers. And they were delicious too...Had to do traffic duty. At first I was supposed to report for ushering duty but got transferred over. My job was to stop people from parking outside the gates, redirect people to the main gate and to welcome the VVIP. It was OK though. Lucky got Willie Sir. Went round the carnival but ther was nothing much as the the St. John carpark used was very limited. Everything was mostly sold out very fast. Saw some friendly old faces from NCO too...
When I wanted to go home, the bus was redirected because of the NDP rehearsal. Too bad Ma'am pulled us out...When we got to Raffles City Mall, there was a lot of security and policemen , especially near the prestigious hotels. I guess that was because of the upcoming IOC and maybe the NDP rehearsal. It kinda intimidated me a bit because of all the security checks and rifles.
Yesterday was also my school's Sports Day as well as St John cum NCC day (see how I put St. John first not NCC...). Had to do duty. As always. Underappreciated. As always. One thing I hate about people is their uncanny ability to want help and then shove you aside when you're no longer of use. Like a pair of disposable gloves.
Today was St. John Carnival. My corp was responsible for selling food, namely burgers. And they were delicious too...Had to do traffic duty. At first I was supposed to report for ushering duty but got transferred over. My job was to stop people from parking outside the gates, redirect people to the main gate and to welcome the VVIP. It was OK though. Lucky got Willie Sir. Went round the carnival but ther was nothing much as the the St. John carpark used was very limited. Everything was mostly sold out very fast. Saw some friendly old faces from NCO too...
When I wanted to go home, the bus was redirected because of the NDP rehearsal. Too bad Ma'am pulled us out...When we got to Raffles City Mall, there was a lot of security and policemen , especially near the prestigious hotels. I guess that was because of the upcoming IOC and maybe the NDP rehearsal. It kinda intimidated me a bit because of all the security checks and rifles.

